Gmail is one among the foremost used email service providers, which has quite 425 million active users worldwide. This is often one of the simplest services, and may be accessed from the system and from a smartphone. Gmail is moving forward, leaving all its competitors behind, because it offers an initial storage capacity of 1 GB per user from the instant of launch. Today it reached up to fifteen GB. Gmail may be a free email service that generates revenue through advertising. Gmail is often accessed through the online and an Android or iOS device, since Gmail is additionally available as an application on both platforms. It’s always accessible through a third-party platform like IMAP and POP.
How to Create a Gmail Account?
How to log in to Gmail?
If you would like to log in to your Gmail account, you want to follow the straightforward steps outlined below:
- First, attend gmail.com using the browser.
- Then, enter your email or telephone number and press “Next.”
- Now, enter the password on the subsequent page and press “Next” again.
- If you’ve entered your information correctly, you’ll log into your account and consider , manage and reply to your emails.
When it involves using Gmail on your mobile , you want to follow the steps below within the same order during which they’re mentioned.
- Download the Gmail application from the Google Play Store or Apple app store, counting on the platform your phone is running.
- Start the appliance where you’ll be asked for your account details.
- Entering your account details and logging into your account.
- Now you’ll use the appliance to access your emails without having to log in every time; you want to start the appliance and drag it below, and it’ll update your emails.
- To add another account, you want to click on the menu bar option that’s stable at the highest left of the appliance .
- Now scroll down and press “Settings”.
- You will find the choice “Add account”, press and you’ll add another email account, not only a Gmail account but even accounts from other email providers.
Common problems in logging to Gmail
One of the foremost common problems is that users don’t manage their Gmail account just by entering an incorrect username or password. Of course, you’ll click the rear button if that’s the case and re-enter the small print . The foremost common problem is to forget the username or password. In some cases, there could also be an attempted hacking or other suspicious activity within the account, which can cause your account being blocked for security reasons. During this case, you want to verify that the account belongs to you by mobile verification or by answering security questions. It depends on what you’re asked to try to do when trying to log in to your account.
Once you’ve verified your account, you want to change your password, after which you’ll use your account regularly.
How to recover forgotten Gmail account’s password or username?
If you forgot your username, you want to click on “Forgot your email?” option on the login page. you’ll be asked to enter your email or recovery phone number; Open it and click on “Next.” you’ll now be asked to enter your first and surname .
A unique verification code will now appear in your email or recovery telephone number , which you want to enter to retrieve your username. If you would like to recover your password, you want to apply the steps given.
- First, to recover your password, you want to click on “forgot your password?” option that’s stable on the login page.
- Then, enter the e-mail address related to the account you’re trying to recover the password.
- Insert the electronic inmate or recovery telephone number as requested.
- You may even be asked to answer your security question that you simply had found out while creating your Gmail account.
- Gmail will now be sent a 6-digit code to your email or recovery telephone number , which you want to enter within the given box.
- You can now set a replacement password for your email account.